HangZhou Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Mechanical Transmission Parts Co., Ltd. is a professional manufacturer of mechanical transmission parts, founded in 1987. Our company is committed to standard roller sprocket, single row and multi-row sprocket, non-standard sprocket, gear, rack, bevel gear, sprocket, shaft, gear shaft and other products. We have passed ISO 9001 .Xihu (West Lake) Dis. company has a number of experienced engineers, involved in plHangZhou, testing, heat treatment, inspection, the use of strict and accurate testing methods. Our sprockets are widely used in agricultural machinery, stereoscopic garage, mining equipment, woodworking machinery, petroleum machinery and other industries. Implementation standards such as ANSI.BS, DIN.KANA, etc., can also be customized according to the drawing processing
Our products have won wide praise and trust from customers for their excellent quality. HangZhou Xihu (West Lake) Dis. mechanical transmission Parts Co., Ltd. adhere to the quality of survival, innovation and development, customer first business philosophy, dedicated to domestic and foreign customers service. We warmly welcome you to negotiate business with us.
|Standard or Nonstandard||Standard||Application||Maqchinery|
|Hardness||Hardened Tooth Surface||Material||C45|
|Toothed Portion Shape||Spur Gear||Teeth||10-60Z|
|HS Code||84839000||Production Capacity||100000 Pcs/Year|
1. Are you manufacturer or trade company ?
We are a manufacturing factory founded in 1987 ,with trade team for international service.
2. What terms of payment you usually use ?
T/T . 30% deposit ,and 70% before finish production .Price :FOB ZheJiang .
3. Can you make products according to customer”s design ?
Yes , we can make according to customer”s drawing and samples .OED and ODM are acceptable.
4.How long is your delivery time ?
Genarally it is 5-15 days afte rthe deposit .It will take more days customized.
5. What do I need for offering a quote ?
Please offer us 2D or 3d drawing (with material ,dimension,surface treatment and other technical datas etc.), quantity ,or samples .
Then we will quote the best price .
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Application:||Machinery, Agricultural Machinery|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
Can spur gears be used in precision manufacturing equipment?
Yes, spur gears can be used in precision manufacturing equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Precision manufacturing equipment requires high accuracy, repeatability, and reliability to produce intricate and precise components. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are commonly used in precision applications, spur gears can also be suitable in certain scenarios.
1. Low-Speed Applications:
Spur gears are well-suited for low-speed applications where high precision is required. In precision manufacturing equipment, such as milling machines, lathes, or grinding machines, where controlled and precise rotational motion is essential, spur gears can provide the necessary power transmission with accuracy.
2. Linear Actuators and Positioning Systems:
Spur gears can be used in linear actuators and positioning systems within precision manufacturing equipment. These systems require precise movement control, and spur gears can convert rotary motion into linear motion accurately. By incorporating precision-ground spur gears with proper backlash control, highly accurate positioning can be achieved.
3. Tooling Systems:
Spur gears are employed in tooling systems used in precision manufacturing equipment, such as indexing heads and rotary tables. These systems enable precise and repeatable positioning of workpieces or cutting tools. Spur gears with high precision tooth profiles and low backlash are utilized to ensure accurate tool positioning and consistent machining results.
4. Measuring and Inspection Equipment:
In precision manufacturing, gear systems are also utilized in measuring and inspection equipment. Spur gears can be incorporated into gear trains within instruments like coordinate measuring machines (CMMs) or optical comparators to translate linear or rotary motion into precise measurement data. The gear systems in these instruments require minimal backlash and high accuracy to ensure accurate measurements.
5. Customized Gear Systems:
In some cases, precision manufacturing equipment may require custom-designed gear systems to meet specific application requirements. Spur gears can be tailored and optimized for these custom gear systems, taking into account factors like gear tooth profile, material selection, and gear geometry. This allows for the creation of highly precise and specialized gear systems.
While spur gears have advantages in precision manufacturing equipment, it’s important to consider their limitations. Due to their design, spur gears may produce more noise and vibration compared to other gear types. Additionally, they are generally not suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications that demand continuous and smooth power transmission.
Overall, spur gears can be successfully used in precision manufacturing equipment for specific applications that require low-speed, precise motion control, accurate positioning, and measurement capabilities. Proper gear selection, high-quality manufacturing, and careful system integration are key to achieving the desired precision and performance in these gear applications.
What is the lifespan of a typical spur gear?
The lifespan of a typical spur gear can vary significantly depending on several factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
The lifespan of a spur gear is influenced by various factors, including:
- Operating Conditions: The conditions under which the spur gear operates greatly impact its lifespan. Factors such as the magnitude and frequency of the applied loads, operating temperature, speed, and lubrication quality play a significant role. Gears operating under heavy loads, high speeds, or harsh environments may experience higher wear and fatigue, potentially reducing their lifespan.
- Material Selection: The material used for constructing the spur gear affects its durability and lifespan. Spur gears are commonly made from materials such as steel, cast iron, bronze, or polymer composites. The specific material properties, including hardness, strength, and resistance to wear and corrosion, influence the gear’s ability to withstand the operating conditions and determine its lifespan.
- Quality of Manufacturing: The quality of manufacturing processes and techniques employed during the production of the spur gear can impact its lifespan. Gears manufactured with precision, accurate tooth profiles, and proper heat treatment are more likely to have longer lifespans compared to those with manufacturing defects or poor quality control.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is crucial for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in spur gears. Regular maintenance practices, including lubricant replacement, gear inspections, and addressing any issues promptly, can significantly extend the lifespan of the gears. Inadequate lubrication or neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear and failure.
- Load and Stress Distribution: The design and configuration of the gear system affect the load and stress distribution on the spur gears. Proper gear design, including tooth profile, number of teeth, and gear arrangement, helps ensure even load distribution and minimizes localized stress concentrations. Well-designed supporting components, such as bearings and shafts, also contribute to the overall lifespan of the gear system.
It is challenging to provide a specific lifespan for a typical spur gear since it depends on the aforementioned factors and the specific application. Spur gears can have lifespans ranging from several thousand to millions of operating cycles. Industrial gear systems often undergo regular inspections and maintenance, including gear replacement when necessary, to ensure safe and reliable operation.
It’s important to note that gear lifespan can be extended through proper care, maintenance, and adherence to recommended operating parameters. Regular inspections, monitoring of gear performance, and addressing any signs of wear or damage promptly can help maximize the lifespan of spur gears.
When assessing the lifespan of spur gears for a particular application, it is advisable to consult manufacturers, industry standards, and experts with expertise in gear design and maintenance for accurate estimations and recommendations.
Can you explain the concept of straight-cut teeth in spur gears?
The concept of straight-cut teeth is fundamental to understanding the design and operation of spur gears. Straight-cut teeth, also known as straight teeth or parallel teeth, refer to the shape and arrangement of the teeth on a spur gear. Here’s a detailed explanation of the concept of straight-cut teeth in spur gears:
Spur gears have teeth that are cut straight and parallel to the gear axis. Each tooth has a uniform width and thickness, and the tooth profile is a straight line. The teeth are evenly spaced around the circumference of the gear, allowing them to mesh with other spur gears.
The key characteristics and concepts related to straight-cut teeth in spur gears include:
- Tooth Profile: The tooth profile of a spur gear with straight-cut teeth is a straight line that extends radially from the gear’s pitch circle. The profile is perpendicular to the gear axis and remains constant throughout the tooth’s height.
- Pitch Circle: The pitch circle is an imaginary circle that represents the theoretical point of contact between two meshing gears. For a spur gear, the pitch circle is located midway between the gear’s base circle (the bottom of the tooth profile) and the gear’s addendum circle (the top of the tooth profile).
- Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is the angle between the line tangent to the tooth profile at the pitch point and a line perpendicular to the gear axis. It determines the force distribution between the meshing teeth and affects the gear’s load-bearing capacity and efficiency. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees.
- Meshing: Straight-cut teeth in spur gears mesh directly with each other. The teeth engage and disengage along a line contact, creating a point or line contact between the contacting surfaces. This direct meshing arrangement allows for efficient power transmission and motion transfer.
- Advantages and Limitations: Straight-cut teeth offer several advantages in spur gears. They are relatively simple to manufacture, resulting in cost-effective production. Moreover, they provide efficient power transmission and are suitable for moderate to high-speed applications. However, straight-cut teeth can generate more noise and vibration compared to certain other tooth profiles, and they may experience higher stress concentrations under heavy loads.
In summary, straight-cut teeth in spur gears refer to the straight and parallel arrangement of the gear’s teeth. The teeth have a uniform profile with a constant width and thickness. Understanding the concept of straight-cut teeth is essential for designing and analyzing spur gears, considering factors such as tooth profile, pitch circle, pressure angle, meshing characteristics, and the trade-offs between simplicity, efficiency, and noise considerations.
editor by CX 2023-09-14