Finish Machining CNC Lathe Spur Gear Planetary Gear Helical Gear for Reducer
S45C steel, Stainless steel 304, Plastic, Brass, 42CrMo,20CrMnTi and so on
Hardening and Tempering, High Frequency Quenching,Carburizing etc
Blacking, Polishing, Anodization, Chrome Plating, Zinc Plating, Nickel Plating
Precision cutting machines. Lathes. Milling machines. Grinders. Automated mechanical systems. Automated warehousing systems.
Hobbing, Milling, Drilling, Shaving, Grinding
1. Type: spur gear, helical gear, bevel gear, worm gear, ring gear etc.
2. Material: carbon steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, nylon, POM , plastic
3. Treatment: teeth hardened, zinc, quenching, black oxide, color zinc
4. OEM & Standard:Standard size according to the catalog.OEM size, hub, hole, keyway and
set screw, all can produce according to your drawing.
5. Gear drive advantages:High transmission accuracy, high transmission efficiency, reliable work
and long service life.
1. Competitive price
2. High quality products
3. OEM service
4. 24 hours online service
5. Professional technical service
6. Sample available
1. We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing various metal parts, including
CNC precision automatic lathe machined parts, automatic lathe parts, milling machined parts, wire
cutting machined parts etc.
2.With experienced technical engineers and modern inspection equipment, our factory can help you to
lower cost at the moment of worldwide financial crisis.
3.We are committed to focusing on the client’s demand and satisfaction, and to providing high quality
products at competitive prices according to your drawings or samples. Special parts for your special
4.Our strong R&D and QC department can control the products to meet your strict requirment, 100%
inspection on critical dimensions with high accuracy +/-0.01-0.005mm.
5.We are committed to focusing on the client’s demand and satisfaction, and to providing high quality
products at competitive prices according to your drawings or samples. Special parts for your special
6.Although the business has become more difficult since competition increased, our products have
sold well in recent years. As a matter of fact, our parts are being exported to more than 10 countries
and regions. And they’re always received favourably.
Our Main Product:
1. Gear and Rack
2. Ball Screw and Nut
3. Linear Xihu (West Lake) Dis. and Block
4. Sprocket and Roller Chain
5. Timing Pulley and Timing Belt
Gear can be used on many machines,like lathe machine, cutting machine, cnc machine and engraving
machine etc; It can also be used in many fields, machinery, construction, building, manufacturing,
Usually we wrap the gears with bubble wrap, then put the gears in a carton, and finally seal the
carton tightly.We can also make the package according to customers’ demands.
Q: Are you factory or trading company?
A:Truly we are a factory over 60 years. We located in HangZhou City, ZheJiang Province, near
Q: What is your production range?
A: Gears, impellers, shaft; shaft couplings; end cover; cnc machining parts,etc.
Q: How long can I get some samples for checking and what about the price?
A: Normaly samples will be done within 3-5 days.
The sample cost depends on the information (size, material, finish, etc.).
We will return the sample cost when you place order.
Q:How is the warranty of the products quality control?
A:We hold the tightend quality controlling from very begining to the end and aim at 100% error free.
Q:How to get an accurate quotation?
A:If you are interested in our products, please provide us with below information:
If there is something you are demanding or interested, please feel free to contact with
us, we will feedback within 12 hours.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Soft Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
plastic auto parts
Can spur gears be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment?
Yes, spur gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are versatile and commonly used in a wide range of applications, including heavy-duty machinery and equipment. They are known for their simplicity, efficiency, and ability to transmit high loads and torque. Spur gears have straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis, allowing for effective power transmission between parallel shafts.
Advantages of Spur Gears in Heavy-Duty Applications:
Spur gears offer several advantages that make them suitable for heavy-duty machinery and equipment:
- High Load Capacity: Spur gears are capable of handling high loads due to their robust tooth design and larger contact area compared to other gear types. They distribute the load evenly across the gear teeth, minimizing stress concentration and ensuring reliable operation in heavy-duty applications.
- Efficient Power Transmission: Spur gears have high gear meshing efficiency, typically above 95%. This means that a large percentage of the input power is effectively transmitted to the output, making them suitable for heavy-duty machinery where power transfer is critical.
- Wide Range of Sizes and Ratios: Spur gears are available in a wide range of sizes, tooth counts, and gear ratios. This versatility allows for customization and adaptation to the specific requirements of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
- Cost-Effective: Spur gears are relatively simple in design and easier to manufacture compared to some other gear types. This simplicity often translates into cost-effectiveness, making them an attractive choice for heavy-duty applications where cost considerations are important.
- Easy Maintenance: Spur gears are generally easier to maintain compared to gears with complex tooth profiles or specialized designs. Routine maintenance tasks such as lubrication, inspection, and replacement of worn gears can be carried out more straightforwardly, minimizing downtime and maintenance costs.
Considerations for Heavy-Duty Applications:
While spur gears can be used in heavy-duty machinery and equipment, certain considerations should be taken into account:
- Load Distribution: Proper load distribution is critical to ensure the longevity and reliability of spur gears in heavy-duty applications. It is important to design the gear system in a way that distributes the loads evenly across the gear teeth, minimizing the risk of tooth breakage or premature wear.
- Material Selection: The selection of gear materials is crucial in heavy-duty applications. The gear material should have the necessary strength, hardness, and fatigue resistance to withstand the anticipated loads and operating conditions. Common materials used for heavy-duty spur gears include alloy steels, case-hardened steels, and specialized gear materials such as carburized or nitrided steels.
- Lubrication and Cooling: Adequate lubrication is essential to minimize friction, wear, and heat generation in heavy-duty spur gears. Proper lubrication techniques and the use of high-quality lubricants can significantly extend the gear’s service life. In some cases, additional cooling measures such as circulating oil systems or forced-air cooling may be necessary to manage heat buildup in heavy-duty applications.
- Mechanical Considerations: The overall mechanical design of the heavy-duty machinery should account for gear alignment, shaft deflection, and other factors that can affect gear performance. Robust support structures, accurate alignment, and consideration of potential misalignments due to operational conditions should be taken into account during the design phase.
By addressing these considerations and implementing proper design, material selection, lubrication, and maintenance practices, spur gears can effectively withstand the demands of heavy-duty machinery and equipment.
It’s important to note that the specific application requirements, operating conditions, and load characteristics may vary. Consulting with gear manufacturers, engineers, or industry experts can provide further guidance on the suitability and design considerations when using spur gears in heavy-duty applications.
How do you install a spur gear system?
Installing a spur gear system involves several steps to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to install a spur gear system:
- Preparation: Before installation, gather all the necessary components, including the spur gears, shafts, bearings, and any additional mounting hardware. Ensure that the gear system components are clean and free from debris or damage.
- Shaft Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the smooth operation of a spur gear system. Ensure that the shafts on which the gears will be mounted are aligned accurately and parallel to each other. This can be achieved using alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems. Adjust the shaft positions as needed to achieve the desired alignment.
- Positioning the Gears: Place the spur gears on the respective shafts in the desired configuration. Ensure that the gears are positioned securely and centered on the shafts. For shafts with keyways, align the gears with the key and ensure a proper fit. Use any necessary mounting hardware, such as set screws or retaining rings, to secure the gears in place.
- Checking Gear Engagement: Verify that the teeth of the gears mesh properly with each other. The gear teeth should align accurately and smoothly without any excessive gaps or interference. Rotate the gears by hand to ensure smooth and consistent meshing throughout their rotation. If any misalignment or interference is observed, adjust the gear positions or shaft alignment accordingly.
- Bearing Installation: If the spur gear system requires bearings to support the shafts, install the bearings onto the shafts. Ensure that the bearings are the correct size and type for the application. Press or slide the bearings onto the shafts until they are seated securely against any shoulder or bearing housing. Use appropriate methods and tools to prevent damage to the bearings during installation.
- Lubrication: Apply a suitable lubricant to the gear teeth and bearings to ensure smooth operation and reduce friction. Refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate lubrication type and amount. Proper lubrication helps minimize wear, noise, and heat generation in the gear system.
- Final Inspection: Once the gears, shafts, and bearings are installed, perform a final inspection of the entire spur gear system. Check for any unusual noises, misalignment, or binding during manual rotation. Verify that the gears are securely mounted, shafts are properly aligned, and all fasteners are tightened to the specified torque values.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear manufacturer to ensure proper installation and operation. Additionally, consult any applicable industry standards and guidelines for gear system installation.
By carefully following these installation steps, you can ensure a well-aligned and properly functioning spur gear system in your machinery or equipment.
Can you explain the concept of straight-cut teeth in spur gears?
The concept of straight-cut teeth is fundamental to understanding the design and operation of spur gears. Straight-cut teeth, also known as straight teeth or parallel teeth, refer to the shape and arrangement of the teeth on a spur gear. Here’s a detailed explanation of the concept of straight-cut teeth in spur gears:
Spur gears have teeth that are cut straight and parallel to the gear axis. Each tooth has a uniform width and thickness, and the tooth profile is a straight line. The teeth are evenly spaced around the circumference of the gear, allowing them to mesh with other spur gears.
The key characteristics and concepts related to straight-cut teeth in spur gears include:
- Tooth Profile: The tooth profile of a spur gear with straight-cut teeth is a straight line that extends radially from the gear’s pitch circle. The profile is perpendicular to the gear axis and remains constant throughout the tooth’s height.
- Pitch Circle: The pitch circle is an imaginary circle that represents the theoretical point of contact between two meshing gears. For a spur gear, the pitch circle is located midway between the gear’s base circle (the bottom of the tooth profile) and the gear’s addendum circle (the top of the tooth profile).
- Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is the angle between the line tangent to the tooth profile at the pitch point and a line perpendicular to the gear axis. It determines the force distribution between the meshing teeth and affects the gear’s load-bearing capacity and efficiency. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees.
- Meshing: Straight-cut teeth in spur gears mesh directly with each other. The teeth engage and disengage along a line contact, creating a point or line contact between the contacting surfaces. This direct meshing arrangement allows for efficient power transmission and motion transfer.
- Advantages and Limitations: Straight-cut teeth offer several advantages in spur gears. They are relatively simple to manufacture, resulting in cost-effective production. Moreover, they provide efficient power transmission and are suitable for moderate to high-speed applications. However, straight-cut teeth can generate more noise and vibration compared to certain other tooth profiles, and they may experience higher stress concentrations under heavy loads.
In summary, straight-cut teeth in spur gears refer to the straight and parallel arrangement of the gear’s teeth. The teeth have a uniform profile with a constant width and thickness. Understanding the concept of straight-cut teeth is essential for designing and analyzing spur gears, considering factors such as tooth profile, pitch circle, pressure angle, meshing characteristics, and the trade-offs between simplicity, efficiency, and noise considerations.
editor by CX 2023-10-07