The material is low carbon or alloy steel,such as ZG270-500,ZG42CrMo,ZG35Mn and so on.
It is up to customers’ requirement.
|Casting Material||EN 15713/EN 10571/BS 3100/DIN 1681/DIN17205|
|Casting Tolerance in Blank||ISO 8062 CT 13|
|Size Tolerance||DIN ISO 2768m|
|NDT||ASTM A609 Level 2 or 3 /EN 12680/ASTM E94 Level 2 or 3|
Haian CHINAMFG Casting Co.,Ltd. is established in 2003 in CHINAMFG Town.
In 2007,we moved our factory to Sunzhuang town and now we can supply bigger steel castings with max. weight 45 tons.
In 2011,we built a new sand mold maiking workshop with 120 tons refinining CHINAMFG and the max. weight can be 120 tons.
In 2013,we paid more attenion on the castings for shipbuilding and started to supply marine castings for most of domestic famous shipyards.
From 2013 to 2571,we bought more and more machines to strengthen our ability from rough machining to finished machining.
In 2571,we built another new sand mold making workshop for the quick development of market requirement.
Now we monthly supply 6000 tons different castings for different customers of different industry,such as cement mill,shipubuilding,petroleum machinery,rolling mill,forging press and so on.
We have our own wooden pattern making workshop.
But our company is always busy,
we also have around 10 sub-contractors for pattern making.
They help us for the pattern but will be inspected according to our rules.
We will record for every pattern inspection.
2)Silica or chorme sand cores
We have around 80 technicans for sand core making which is divided into around 10 teams.
Most of the technicans has more than 10 years’ experience.
Most of the sand core is made by silica sand with common sand inside of it.
The common sand will be used repeatly.
For some important position,such as R corner,we will use chorme ore sand.
The outside of the sand core,we will do the painting,burn and clean it.
We will assemble diffrent sand cores together and wait for pouring.
3)Melting and Pouring
We always do the melting after mid-night for cheaper electric charge.
And we normally do pouring in the early morning.
|1||25 tons Electrical Arc Furnace||1|
|2||50 tons Intermediate Frequency Furnace||2|
|3||120 tons Refining Furnace||1|
|4||120 tons VD Furnace||2|
Before and after pouring,we will do the chemical compostion test.
After pouring,we will wait for different time for cooling according to casting’s weight.
|Item||Weight in blank(Metric Tons)||Cooling Time(Hour)|
We have our experience and rules for cooling time.
After cooling,we will shake the casting out of the steel boxes and clean them.
Normalizing will be 3 days while tempering is 4 days.
We have around 10 sets of heat treatment furnaces.
The biggest 1 is 12m*9m*6m.
It is also the biggest size of castings we can make.
After heat treatment,we will do the mechanical property test.
Our ordinary test block’s size is 230mm*70mm*50mm.
One casting part will min. have 3 pcs test blocks.
We have our testing center and it is approved by CNAS.
6)Draw the line and do the first rough machining
We can do the machining from rough to finished machining.
7)NDT after rough machining
We have rich experience for making support rollers and kiln tyres,
then there is no welding for the outside working position.
This is our special technology.
Every year we supply around 400pcs kiln tyres,930pcs support roller,170 sets gear( in 2 halves).
But for some other castings,if we do the welding repair,
we will do the tempering for stress relief later.
All of our welders have the SGS certficate.
9)Shot blasting and grinding
We have a robert grinder.
We have a 120 tons rotary shot blasting table.
We have a lot of vertical lathes from 2.5m to 10m.
We get approval from CNAS for our laboratory.
We also have 9 class certificate,such as ABS,DNV,NK,RINA,KR,CCS,BV and so on.
Packaging & Shipping
We supply a lot of castings for cement mill,rolling mill,shipbuilding and so on.
We can do the packing according to our rules or according to customers’ requirement.
After Sales Service
Normally there is a 12 months quality warantty.
We do at least 3 times NDT:after rough,semi-finished and finished machining.
And also the customer will do the witness during or after finished machining.
If there is also any problem when you receive the castings,
please send us photos and detailed defects,
we will negotiate with you and make a compensation.
A third party inspection before shipment is welcomed.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Type:||Chemical Hardening Sand|
|Casting Method:||Directional Crystallization|
|Sand Core Type:||Sodium Silicate Sand Core|
How do you calculate the efficiency of a spur gear?
Calculating the efficiency of a spur gear involves considering the power losses that occur during gear operation. Here’s a detailed explanation:
In a gear system, power is transmitted from the driving gear (input) to the driven gear (output). However, due to various factors such as friction, misalignment, and deformation, some power is lost as heat and other forms of energy. The efficiency of a spur gear represents the ratio of the output power to the input power, taking into account these power losses.
Formula for Calculating Gear Efficiency:
The efficiency (η) of a spur gear can be calculated using the following formula:
η = (Output Power / Input Power) × 100%
η is the efficiency of the gear system expressed as a percentage.
Output Power is the power delivered by the driven gear (output) in the gear system.
Input Power is the power supplied to the driving gear (input) in the gear system.
Factors Affecting Gear Efficiency:
The efficiency of a spur gear is influenced by several factors, including:
- Tooth Profile: The tooth profile of the gear affects the efficiency. Well-designed gear teeth with accurate involute profiles can minimize friction and power losses during meshing.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication between the gear teeth reduces friction, wear, and heat generation, improving gear efficiency. Insufficient or inadequate lubrication can result in increased power losses and reduced efficiency.
- Gear Material: The selection of gear material affects efficiency. Materials with low friction coefficients and good wear resistance can help minimize power losses. Higher-quality materials and specialized gear coatings can improve efficiency.
- Gear Alignment and Meshing: Proper alignment and precise meshing of the gear teeth are essential for optimal efficiency. Misalignment or incorrect gear meshing can lead to increased friction, noise, and power losses.
- Bearing Friction: The efficiency of a gear system is influenced by the friction in the bearings supporting the gear shafts. High-quality bearings with low friction characteristics can contribute to improved gear efficiency.
- Load Distribution: Uneven load distribution across the gear teeth can result in localized power losses and reduced efficiency. Proper design and gear system configuration should ensure even load distribution.
Interpreting Gear Efficiency:
The calculated gear efficiency indicates the percentage of input power that is effectively transmitted to the output. For example, if a gear system has an efficiency of 90%, it means that 90% of the input power is converted into useful output power, while the remaining 10% is lost as various forms of power dissipation.
It’s important to note that gear efficiency is not constant and can vary with operating conditions, lubrication quality, gear wear, and other factors. The calculated efficiency serves as an estimate and can be influenced by specific system characteristics and design choices.
By considering the factors affecting gear efficiency and implementing proper design, lubrication, and maintenance practices, gear efficiency can be optimized to enhance overall gear system performance and minimize power losses.
How do you install a spur gear system?
Installing a spur gear system involves several steps to ensure proper alignment, engagement, and operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of how to install a spur gear system:
- Preparation: Before installation, gather all the necessary components, including the spur gears, shafts, bearings, and any additional mounting hardware. Ensure that the gear system components are clean and free from debris or damage.
- Shaft Alignment: Proper shaft alignment is crucial for the smooth operation of a spur gear system. Ensure that the shafts on which the gears will be mounted are aligned accurately and parallel to each other. This can be achieved using alignment tools such as dial indicators or laser alignment systems. Adjust the shaft positions as needed to achieve the desired alignment.
- Positioning the Gears: Place the spur gears on the respective shafts in the desired configuration. Ensure that the gears are positioned securely and centered on the shafts. For shafts with keyways, align the gears with the key and ensure a proper fit. Use any necessary mounting hardware, such as set screws or retaining rings, to secure the gears in place.
- Checking Gear Engagement: Verify that the teeth of the gears mesh properly with each other. The gear teeth should align accurately and smoothly without any excessive gaps or interference. Rotate the gears by hand to ensure smooth and consistent meshing throughout their rotation. If any misalignment or interference is observed, adjust the gear positions or shaft alignment accordingly.
- Bearing Installation: If the spur gear system requires bearings to support the shafts, install the bearings onto the shafts. Ensure that the bearings are the correct size and type for the application. Press or slide the bearings onto the shafts until they are seated securely against any shoulder or bearing housing. Use appropriate methods and tools to prevent damage to the bearings during installation.
- Lubrication: Apply a suitable lubricant to the gear teeth and bearings to ensure smooth operation and reduce friction. Refer to the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for the appropriate lubrication type and amount. Proper lubrication helps minimize wear, noise, and heat generation in the gear system.
- Final Inspection: Once the gears, shafts, and bearings are installed, perform a final inspection of the entire spur gear system. Check for any unusual noises, misalignment, or binding during manual rotation. Verify that the gears are securely mounted, shafts are properly aligned, and all fasteners are tightened to the specified torque values.
It’s important to follow the specific installation instructions provided by the gear manufacturer to ensure proper installation and operation. Additionally, consult any applicable industry standards and guidelines for gear system installation.
By carefully following these installation steps, you can ensure a well-aligned and properly functioning spur gear system in your machinery or equipment.
How do you choose the right size spur gear for your application?
Choosing the right size spur gear for your application requires careful consideration of various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation of the steps involved in selecting the appropriate size spur gear:
- Determine the Required Torque: Start by determining the torque requirements of your application. Calculate or estimate the maximum torque that the gear will need to transmit. Consider factors such as the power input, speed, and load conditions to determine the required torque.
- Identify the Speed Requirements: Determine the desired rotational speed or RPM (revolutions per minute) for your application. This will help in selecting a gear with the appropriate pitch diameter and tooth configuration to achieve the desired speed.
- Consider the Load Conditions: Evaluate the expected load conditions, including the magnitude and direction of the load. Determine if the load is constant or variable, and if it involves shock loads or cyclic loading. This will impact the gear’s durability and load-carrying capacity.
- Calculate the Pitch Diameter: Based on the torque and speed requirements, calculate the pitch diameter of the spur gear. The pitch diameter is determined by the formula: Pitch Diameter = (2 x Torque) / (Pressure Angle x Allowable Tooth Shear Stress).
- Select the Module Size: Choose an appropriate module size based on the gear size and application requirements. The module size determines the tooth size and spacing. Smaller module sizes are used for fine tooth profiles and higher precision, while larger module sizes are suitable for heavier loads and higher torque applications.
- Determine the Number of Teeth: Based on the pitch diameter and module size, calculate the number of teeth required for the gear. Ensure that the gear has an adequate number of teeth for smooth operation, load distribution, and sufficient contact ratio.
- Consider Space Constraints: Evaluate the available space and mounting requirements in your application. Ensure that the selected gear size can fit within the available space and can be properly mounted on the shaft or gearbox.
- Choose the Material: Consider the operating conditions, such as temperature, humidity, and presence of corrosive substances, to select the appropriate material for the spur gear. Common materials include steel, cast iron, brass, and plastic. Choose a material that offers the necessary strength, wear resistance, and durability for your specific application.
- Consider Additional Design Features: Depending on your application requirements, you may need to consider additional design features such as profile shift, hub configuration, and surface treatments. Profile shift can optimize gear performance, while specific hub configurations and surface treatments may be necessary for proper mounting and enhanced durability.
It’s important to note that gear selection is a complex process, and it may require consultation with gear manufacturers or experts in the field. They can provide guidance based on their expertise and assist in selecting the most suitable spur gear for your specific application.
By thoroughly considering factors such as torque requirements, speed, load conditions, pitch diameter, module size, number of teeth, space constraints, material selection, and additional design features, you can choose the right size spur gear that meets the demands of your application in terms of performance, durability, and efficiency.
editor by CX 2023-09-23