|Process||Forging, carburization and teeth milling, sand blasting|
|Quality level||AGMA Grade 10|
|Type||Mn=39.79, Z=13, a=20°|
Our Gear, Pinion Shaft, Ring Gear Capabilities:
|Capabilities of Gears/ Splines|
|Item||Internal Gears and Internal Splines||External Gears and External Splines|
|Max O.D.||2500 mm|
|Max Face Width(mm)||500||1480|
|DIN Class Level||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4||DIN Class 8||DIN Class 4|
|Tooth Finish||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6||Ra 3.2||Ra 0.6|
|Max Helix Angle||±22.5°||±45°|
Our Main Product Range
1. Spur Gear
2. Planetary Gear
3. Metal Gears
4. Gear Wheel
5. Ring Gear
6. Gear Shaft
7. Helical Gear
8. Pinion Shaft
9. Spline Shaft
1. 21 years experience in high quality gear, gear shaft’s production, sales and R&D.
2. Our Gear, Gear Shaft are certificated by ISO9001: 2008 and ISO14001: 2004.
3. CHINAMFG has more than 50 patents in high quality Gear, Gear Shaft manufacturing.
4. CHINAMFG products are exported to America, Europe.
5. Experience in cooperate with many Fortune 500 Companies
1) In-house capability: OEM service as per customers’ requests, with in-house tooling design & fabricating
2) Professional engineering capability: On product design, optimization and performance analysis
3) Manufacturing capability range: DIN 3960 class 8 to 4, ISO 1328 class 8 to 4, AGMA 2000 class 10-15, JIS 1702-1703 class 0 to 2, etc.
4) Packing: Tailor-made packaging method according to customer’s requirement
5) Just-in-time delivery capability
1. Q: Can you make as per custom drawing?
A: Yes, we can do that.
2. Q: If I don’t have drawing, what can you do for me?
A: If you don’t have drawing, but have the sample part, you may send us. We will check if we can make it or not.
3. Q: How do you make sure the quality of your products?
A: We will do a series of inspections, such as:
A. Raw material inspection (includes chemical and physical mechanical characters inspection),
B. Machining process dimensional inspection (includes: 1st pc inspection, self inspection, final inspection),
C. Heat treatment result inspection,
D. Gear tooth inspection (to know the achieved gear quality level),
E. Magnetic particle inspection (to know if there’s any cracks in the gear).
We will provide you the reports 1 set for each batch/ shipment.
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
Are spur gears suitable for high-torque applications?
Spur gears are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including those involving high-torque requirements. However, their suitability for high-torque applications depends on various factors. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are designed to transmit power and torque between parallel shafts. They have straight teeth that engage fully, providing efficient power transfer. The suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications can be evaluated based on the following considerations:
- Load Distribution: Spur gears distribute the transmitted load over a larger contact area compared to other gear types. This characteristic allows them to handle higher torque loads effectively.
- Size and Diameter: The size and diameter of the spur gears play a crucial role in their ability to handle high torque. Larger gear diameters provide increased torque capacity due to the longer lever arm and larger contact area between the gear teeth.
- Material Selection: Choosing the appropriate material for the spur gears is essential for high-torque applications. Strong and durable materials, such as hardened steel or alloy steels, are commonly used to ensure the gears can withstand the high stresses and torque loads without deformation or failure.
- Gear Design: Proper gear design considerations, such as tooth profile, module or pitch, and the number of teeth, can impact the torque-carrying capacity of spur gears. Design parameters should be optimized to ensure sufficient tooth strength and minimize the risk of tooth breakage or excessive wear.
- Lubrication and Maintenance: Adequate lubrication is critical for reducing friction, wear, and heat generation in high-torque spur gear applications. Regular maintenance, including lubricant replacement and gear inspections, can help identify and address any issues that may affect the gear’s torque-handling capabilities.
- Supporting Components: The overall system design, including the selection of bearings, shafts, and housing, should be considered to ensure proper support and alignment of the spur gears. Well-designed supporting components contribute to the overall torque capacity of the system.
While spur gears can handle high torque, it’s important to note that there are limitations to their torque capacity. Factors such as gear size, material strength, tooth design, and operating conditions can affect the maximum torque the gears can safely transmit without failure.
In some cases, other gear types such as helical gears or bevel gears may be more suitable for specific high-torque applications. These gears offer advantages such as increased load-carrying capacity, improved torque transfer efficiency, and reduced noise and vibration levels.
Ultimately, the suitability of spur gears for high-torque applications should be evaluated based on the specific requirements, operating conditions, and industry standards applicable to the particular application.
How do spur gears contribute to power transmission?
Spur gears play a crucial role in power transmission due to their specific design and tooth engagement. Here’s a detailed explanation of how spur gears contribute to power transmission:
- Direct Tooth Engagement: Spur gears have straight teeth that mesh directly with each other. This direct tooth engagement ensures efficient transfer of power from one gear to another. As the driving gear rotates, its teeth come into contact with the teeth of the driven gear, enabling the transfer of rotational motion and torque.
- Uniform Load Distribution: The teeth of spur gears distribute the transmitted load evenly across the gear surfaces. The straight, parallel teeth provide a larger contact area compared to other gear types, resulting in improved load-carrying capacity and reduced stress concentration. This uniform load distribution helps prevent premature wear and failure of the gears, ensuring reliable power transmission.
- Efficiency: Spur gears are known for their high efficiency in power transmission. The direct tooth engagement and parallel shaft arrangement minimize energy losses during rotation. The teeth mesh smoothly, resulting in minimal friction and reduced power dissipation. This efficiency is beneficial in applications where maximizing power transfer and minimizing energy waste are crucial.
- Speed and Torque Conversion: Spur gears allow for speed and torque conversion between the driving and driven shafts. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed and torque can be adjusted to match the requirements of the application. For example, a small gear driving a larger gear will result in a higher torque output at a lower speed, while a larger gear driving a smaller gear will result in a higher speed output at a lower torque.
- Directional Control: The arrangement of spur gears can be used to control the rotational direction of the driven shaft relative to the driving shaft. By meshing gears with opposite orientations (e.g., one gear with clockwise teeth and another gear with counterclockwise teeth), the direction of rotation can be reversed. This directional control is essential in applications where the desired motion needs to be reversed or changed.
- Multiple Gear Configurations: Spur gears can be combined in various configurations to form gear trains, allowing for complex power transmission systems. Gear trains consist of multiple gears meshing together, with each gear contributing to the overall power transmission. Gear trains can alter speed, torque, and direction, providing flexibility in adapting power transmission to specific requirements.
- Compatibility with Other Components: Spur gears are compatible with a wide range of other mechanical components, such as shafts, bearings, and housings. This compatibility allows for easy integration into different systems and machinery. Spur gears can be mounted on shafts using keyways, set screws, or other mounting methods, ensuring secure and reliable power transmission.
Overall, spur gears are essential in power transmission systems due to their direct tooth engagement, uniform load distribution, high efficiency, speed and torque conversion capabilities, directional control, compatibility with other components, and the ability to form complex gear trains. These characteristics make spur gears a versatile and widely used choice for transmitting power in various applications across industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-18