OEM gears by powder metallurgy
|Product Name||High precision gear by powder metallurgy|
|Material||Iron powder, alloy powder,precious metal powder|
|Technology||Sintering – Powder Metallurgy|
|Surface Treatment||High frequency quenching, oil impregnation,CNC,vacuum cleaning,polishing,|
|Apperance||No crumbling, cracks, exfoliation, voids, metal pitting and other defects|
|Powder mixing – Forming – Sintering – Oil impregnation – Sizing -Ultrasonic cleaning – Steam oxidation – Oil impregnation – Final inspection – Packing|
|Application||Motorcycle parts, auto parts, Power Tools parts, Motor parts, electric Bicycle,|
Why Powdered Metals?
Significant cost savings.
Create complex or unique shapes.
No or minimal waste during production.
High quality finished products.
Strength of materials.
JINGSHI established in 2007
Manufacturer & Exporter
Exacting in producing powder metallurgy gears and parts
Passed ISO/TS16949 Quality Certificate
Numbers senior R & D engineers and Skilled operators
Precise Examination Instruments.
Strict Quality Control
With the “More diversity, More superior, More professional ” business purposes, we are committed to establish long-term friendship and CHINAMFG relationship with domestic and international customers to create a bright future .
Just contact with us with 2D or 3D drawing to start our cooperation!
|Application:||Motor, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Machinery, Marine, Toy, Agricultural Machinery, Car|
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Sintered Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Spur Gear|
Can spur gears be used in automotive applications?
Yes, spur gears can be used in automotive applications. Here’s a detailed explanation:
Spur gears are one of the simplest and most commonly used types of gears. They consist of cylindrical teeth that are parallel to the gear axis and mesh with each other to transmit power and motion. While other gear types like helical gears or bevel gears are often preferred in certain automotive applications, spur gears still find their place in various automotive systems and components.
Spur gears are commonly found in manual transmissions, especially in lower gears. They are used to achieve a direct and efficient power transfer between the engine and the wheels. Spur gears in transmissions are designed to handle high torque loads and provide reliable performance.
In automotive differentials, which distribute power between the wheels while allowing them to rotate at different speeds, spur gears are often employed. They are used in the differential gear train to transfer torque from the driveshaft to the wheels. The simplicity and robustness of spur gears make them suitable for this application.
3. Starter Motors:
Spur gears are commonly used in starter motors to crank the engine when starting a vehicle. They provide high torque and efficient power transmission to rotate the engine’s crankshaft and initiate the combustion process. Starter motor spur gears are designed to handle the initial load and engage smoothly with the engine’s flywheel.
4. Timing Systems:
In automotive timing systems, where precise synchronization of engine components is crucial, spur gears can be used. They are employed in timing belts or chains to drive the camshafts, ensuring proper valve timing and engine performance. Spur gears in timing systems contribute to accurate and reliable engine operation.
5. Accessories and Auxiliary Components:
Spur gears are also utilized in various automotive accessories and auxiliary components. They can be found in power window mechanisms, windshield wipers, power steering systems, and other mechanisms that require controlled and synchronized motion. Spur gears provide cost-effective and efficient power transmission for these applications.
It’s important to note that while spur gears have their advantages, they also have certain limitations. They can generate more noise and vibration compared to gears with helical or bevel tooth profiles. Additionally, spur gears are not as suitable for high-speed or high-torque applications as other gear types.
Overall, spur gears have a significant presence in automotive applications, particularly in manual transmissions, differentials, starter motors, timing systems, and various auxiliary components. Their simplicity, reliability, and cost-effectiveness make them a viable choice for specific automotive gear applications.
What lubrication is required for spur gears?
The lubrication requirements for spur gears are essential to ensure smooth operation, minimize wear, reduce friction, and dissipate heat. Here’s a detailed explanation of the lubrication needed for spur gears:
Spur gears typically require lubricants that possess specific characteristics to provide effective lubrication. These lubricants should have the following properties:
- Viscosity: The lubricant should have the appropriate viscosity to create a sufficient lubricating film between the gear teeth. The viscosity should be suitable for the operating conditions, including the load, speed, and temperature. Higher loads and speeds generally require higher viscosity lubricants to maintain an adequate lubricating film.
- Extreme Pressure (EP) Properties: Spur gears may experience high contact pressures and sliding friction, especially during heavy load conditions. Lubricants with EP additives are necessary to provide enhanced protection against wear and prevent metal-to-metal contact between the gear teeth. EP additives form a protective film on the gear surfaces, reducing friction and extending gear life.
- Anti-Wear (AW) Properties: Lubricants for spur gears should have anti-wear properties to protect the gear teeth from excessive wear and surface damage. AW additives form a protective layer on the gear surfaces, reducing friction and preventing metal-to-metal contact. This helps prolong the gear life and maintain gear system efficiency.
- Oxidation and Corrosion Resistance: The lubricant should possess good oxidation resistance to withstand high operating temperatures without deteriorating. It should also provide corrosion protection to prevent rust and corrosion on the gear surfaces, especially in environments with moisture or aggressive contaminants.
- Compatibility: The lubricant should be compatible with the materials used in the gear system, including the gear material, shafts, and bearings. It should not cause any adverse reactions or damage to the gear components. Consult the gear manufacturer’s recommendations for lubricant compatibility.
The specific type and grade of lubricant needed for spur gears depend on the application, operating conditions, and gear material. Common lubricants used for spur gears include mineral oils, synthetic oils, and grease. Synthetic lubricants are often preferred for their superior performance in terms of viscosity stability, oxidation resistance, and temperature extremes.
When applying lubrication to spur gears, ensure that the lubricant is evenly distributed across the gear teeth. Proper lubrication can be achieved through methods such as oil bath lubrication, oil mist lubrication, or oil application directly onto the gear teeth. The lubrication interval and quantity should be based on the gear system’s operating conditions and the lubricant manufacturer’s recommendations.
Regular inspection and maintenance of the gear system are necessary to monitor the lubricant condition, replenish as needed, and ensure the gears remain properly lubricated throughout their service life.
It is important to consult the gear manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations, as they may provide specific lubrication requirements and considerations for their gear products.
What are the benefits of using a spur gear mechanism?
Using a spur gear mechanism offers several benefits in various applications. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages of using a spur gear mechanism:
- Simplicity: Spur gear mechanisms are relatively simple in design, consisting of cylindrical gears with straight teeth. Their simplicity makes them easy to manufacture, assemble, and maintain. They have fewer components compared to other types of gear mechanisms, resulting in lower complexity and potentially reduced costs.
- Efficiency: Spur gears exhibit high efficiency in power transmission. The teeth of spur gears mesh directly, resulting in minimal energy loss during transmission. The simplicity of their tooth profile allows for efficient power transfer, making them an energy-efficient choice for many applications.
- Compactness: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for applications where space is limited. They can be arranged in-line, parallel to each other, or at right angles using additional components such as bevel gears. This flexibility in arrangement allows for efficient power transmission in tight spaces.
- Versatility: Spur gears are versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications. They are available in various sizes, configurations, and materials, allowing them to be tailored to specific needs. Spur gears can handle different torque and speed requirements, making them suitable for both low and high-speed applications.
- High-Speed Capability: Spur gears can achieve high rotational speeds due to their straightforward design and direct tooth engagement. They are capable of transmitting power efficiently at high speeds, making them suitable for applications that require rapid motion or high rotational velocities.
- Precise Positioning: Spur gears provide accurate positioning due to their precise tooth engagement. The straight teeth allow for precise control of rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning, such as robotics, machinery, and automation systems.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective compared to other gear mechanisms. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings.
- Reliability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability. The direct tooth engagement provides excellent load distribution, minimizing stress concentration and wear. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can operate reliably for extended periods, making them suitable for demanding industrial applications.
- Wide Availability: Spur gears are widely available in the market, with various sizes, materials, and configurations to choose from. This availability ensures easy sourcing and replacement of gears when needed. Additionally, spur gears have been used for many years and have a well-established design and manufacturing process, leading to a robust supply chain.
These benefits make spur gear mechanisms a popular choice in numerous industries, including automotive, machinery, robotics, aerospace, appliances, and more. Their simplicity, efficiency, compactness, versatility, and reliability contribute to their widespread use in a wide range of applications.
editor by CX 2023-10-26