Big bevel gear Processing
Large helical gear drawing CHECK, Make casting Mold, casting Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
Spur Bevel Gear ring Package
Spray anti-rust oil on bevel Gear ring, Wrap waterproof cloth around , Prepare package by shaft shape & weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
OEM Customized Big Module Helical Spur Gear Ring
We supply OEM SERVICE, customized gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m diameter, 42CrMo/45 steel or your specified required material gear.
|Gear Teeth Number||z||OEM/Customized|
|Surface hardness||HRC||Range: HRC 50~HRC63(Quenching)|
|Hardness:||HB||Range: HB150~HB280; Hardening Tempering/ Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Tooth Surface Treatment||Polishing|
|Surface finish||Range: Ra1.6~Ra3.2|
|Tooth surface roughness||Ra||Range: ≥0.4|
|Gear Accuracy Grade||Grade Range: 5-6-7-8-9 (ISO 1328)|
|Weight||Kg||Range: >100kg/ Single Piece|
|Toothed Portion Shape||Bevel, Helical Spur|
|Casting Material||Casting 42CrMo/45# steel or Customized|
|Gear Teeth Milling||√|
|Gear Teeth Grinding||√|
|Casting Method||Sand casting|
|Casting Mold Material||Sand Mold|
|Casting Mold Using Time||Disposable|
|Heat Treatment||Quenching /Carburizing|
|Application||Gearbox, Mining equipment etc|
|Transport Package||Export package (steel frame, wooden box, etc.)|
TOTEM Machinery all the time works to supply GEAR SHAFT, ECCENTRIC SHAFT, HERRINGBONE GEAR, BEVEL GEAR, INTERNAL GEAR and other parts for transmission device & equipment (large industrial reducer & driver). Which mainly use to industrial equipment on fields of port facilities, cement, mining, metallurgical industry etc.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality suppliers’ network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
TOTEM Philosophy: Quality-No.1, Integrity- No.1, Service- No.1
24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback. Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
1. Workshop & Processing Strength
2. Testing Facilities
3. Customer Inspection & Shipping
ZheJiang CHINAMFG Machinery Co.,Ltd
Facebook: ZheJiang Totem
What’s CHINAMFG product processing progress?
Drawing CHECK, Make Forging/Casting Mold, Forging/Casting Mold Quality Inspection Check, Machine Processing, Check Size\Hardness\Surface Finish and other technical parameters on drawing.
How about TOTEM’s export package?
Spray anti-rust oil on Herringbone Gear Shaft, Wrap waterproof cloth around Gear Shaft for reducer, Prepare package by shaft shape&weight to choose steel frame, steel support or wooden box etc.
Could I customize gear\gear shaft on TOTEM?
We supply customized Gear Shaft,Eccentric Shaft,Herringbone Gear,Internal Gear,Bevel Gear with big module, more than 1tons big weight, more than 3m length, forging or casting 42CrMo/35CrMo or your specified required material.
Why can I choose TOTEM?
TOTEM has 24hrs Salesman on-line, guarantee quick and positive feedback.
TOTEM Machinery invests and becomes shareholders of several machine processing factories, forging factories, casting factories, relies on these strong reliable and high-quality supplier’s network, to let customers worry-free purchase.
Experienced and Professional Forwarder Guarantee Log. transportation.
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Position:||External Gear|
|Manufacturing Method:||Cast Gear|
|Toothed Portion Shape:||Helical Spur Gear|
How do you retrofit an existing mechanical system with spur gears?
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with spur gears involves modifying or replacing certain components to incorporate spur gears into the system. Here’s a detailed explanation:
1. Evaluate the Existing System:
Begin by thoroughly evaluating the existing mechanical system to determine its design, function, and limitations. Identify the specific components that need to be retrofitted with spur gears and understand how the system operates.
2. Design Considerations:
Based on the evaluation, consider the design considerations for integrating spur gears into the system. This includes factors such as gear size, tooth profile, gear material, gear ratio, and torque requirements. Determine the specific gear specifications that are compatible with the existing system.
3. Gear Selection:
Select the appropriate spur gears that meet the required specifications. Consider factors such as gear quality, load capacity, noise level, efficiency, and compatibility with the existing system components. Choose gears from reputable manufacturers or consult with a gear specialist for guidance.
4. Gear Positioning and Alignment:
Determine the optimal positioning and alignment of the spur gears within the existing system. This involves identifying the gear locations, shaft connections, and ensuring proper alignment with other components such as bearings and couplings. Accurate positioning and alignment are crucial for efficient gear operation and longevity.
5. Modification or Replacement:
Based on the design considerations and gear selection, proceed with the necessary modifications or replacements. This may involve removing existing components, such as gears with different tooth profiles, and replacing them with the selected spur gears. Ensure proper installation and secure attachment of the new gears.
6. Lubrication and Maintenance:
Implement appropriate lubrication practices for the newly retrofitted spur gears. Consult gear manufacturers’ recommendations for lubricant type, quantity, and maintenance intervals. Proper lubrication ensures smooth gear operation, reduces wear, and extends gear life.
7. Testing and Validation:
After the retrofitting process, conduct thorough testing and validation of the modified system. Verify that the spur gears are functioning as intended, ensuring proper engagement, smooth operation, and adequate load handling. Address any issues or discrepancies discovered during testing.
8. Documentation and Training:
Create documentation detailing the retrofitting process, including gear specifications, installation procedures, and maintenance requirements. This documentation serves as a reference for future maintenance and helps ensure consistent gear performance. Additionally, provide training to relevant personnel on the operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the retrofitted system.
Retrofitting an existing mechanical system with spur gears requires careful planning, proper gear selection, precise installation, and thorough testing. By following these steps and considering the specific requirements of the system, it is possible to successfully incorporate spur gears and enhance the performance and functionality of the mechanical system.
What is the purpose of using spur gears in machinery?
In machinery, spur gears serve several important purposes due to their unique characteristics and capabilities. Here’s a detailed explanation of the purpose of using spur gears in machinery:
- Power Transmission: Spur gears are primarily used for power transmission in machinery. They transfer rotational motion and torque from one shaft to another, allowing machinery to perform various tasks. By meshing the teeth of two or more spur gears together, power can be transmitted efficiently and reliably throughout the machinery.
- Speed Reduction or Increase: Spur gears enable speed reduction or increase in machinery. By combining gears with different numbers of teeth, the rotational speed can be adjusted to match the desired output speed. For example, using a larger gear driving a smaller gear can increase the speed output while reducing the torque, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the speed while increasing the torque.
- Torque Amplification: Spur gears can amplify torque in machinery. By using gears with different numbers of teeth, the torque can be adjusted to match the required output. For example, using a smaller gear driving a larger gear can increase the torque output while reducing the speed, while the opposite arrangement can decrease the torque while increasing the speed.
- Directional Control: Spur gears provide directional control in machinery. By meshing gears with opposite orientations, the rotational direction of the driven shaft can be reversed or changed. This directional control is crucial for machinery that requires bi-directional motion or needs to change the direction of operation.
- Mechanical Advantage: Spur gears offer a mechanical advantage in machinery. By utilizing gear ratios, spur gears can multiply or divide the force exerted on the input shaft. This mechanical advantage allows machinery to generate higher forces or achieve precise movements with reduced effort.
- Precision Positioning: Spur gears facilitate precise positioning in machinery. The accurate tooth engagement of spur gears ensures precise control over rotational motion, making them suitable for applications that require precise positioning or synchronization of components. Machinery such as CNC machines, robotics, and automation systems often rely on spur gears for accurate movement and positioning.
- Compact Design: Spur gears have a compact design, making them suitable for machinery with space constraints. They can be arranged in-line, parallel, or at right angles, allowing for efficient power transmission in tight spaces. Their compactness enables machinery to be designed with smaller footprints and optimized layouts.
- Reliability and Durability: Spur gears are known for their reliability and durability in machinery. The direct tooth engagement and uniform load distribution result in efficient power transmission with reduced wear and stress concentration. When properly lubricated and maintained, spur gears can withstand heavy loads and operate reliably over extended periods.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Spur gears are often cost-effective in machinery applications. Their simple design and ease of manufacturing contribute to lower production costs. Additionally, their high efficiency helps reduce energy consumption, resulting in potential long-term cost savings. The availability of spur gears in various sizes and materials further enhances their cost-effectiveness.
By utilizing spur gears in machinery, engineers and designers can achieve efficient power transmission, speed and torque control, directional versatility, mechanical advantage, precise positioning, compact design, reliability, durability, and cost-effectiveness. These advantages make spur gears a popular choice in a wide range of machinery applications across industries.
What is a spur gear and how does it work?
A spur gear is a type of cylindrical gear with straight teeth that are parallel to the gear axis. It is one of the most common and simplest types of gears used in various mechanical systems. Spur gears work by meshing together to transmit rotational motion and torque between two parallel shafts. Here’s a detailed explanation of spur gears and how they work:
A spur gear consists of two or more gears with cylindrical shapes and an equal number of teeth. These gears are mounted on parallel shafts, and their teeth mesh together to transfer rotational motion from one gear to another. The gear with power input is called the “drive gear” or “driver,” while the gear receiving the power output is called the “driven gear” or “follower.”
The key characteristics and components of spur gears include:
- Teeth: Spur gears have straight teeth that are cut parallel to the shaft axis. The teeth are evenly spaced around the circumference of the gear. The number of teeth determines the gear ratio and affects the speed and torque transmission between the gears.
- Pitch Diameter: The pitch diameter is the theoretical diameter of the gear at the point where the teeth mesh. It is determined by the number of teeth and the module or diametral pitch of the gear.
- Module or Diametral Pitch: The module is a parameter used in metric gear systems, while the diametral pitch is used in imperial gear systems. They define the tooth size and spacing of the gear. The module is the ratio of the pitch diameter to the number of teeth, while the diametral pitch is the number of teeth per inch of pitch diameter.
- Pressure Angle: The pressure angle is the angle between the line tangent to the tooth profile at the pitch point and a line perpendicular to the gear axis. Common pressure angles for spur gears are 20 degrees and 14.5 degrees.
- Meshing: Spur gears mesh by engaging their teeth, creating a point or line contact between the contacting surfaces. The teeth transfer rotational motion and torque from the drive gear to the driven gear.
- Gear Ratio: The gear ratio is determined by the number of teeth on the drive gear and the driven gear. It defines the relationship between the input speed and the output speed. The gear ratio can be calculated by dividing the number of teeth on the driven gear by the number of teeth on the drive gear.
- Operation: As the drive gear rotates, its teeth come into contact with the teeth of the driven gear. The contact between the teeth transfers rotational motion and torque from the drive gear to the driven gear. The meshing teeth maintain a constant speed ratio, allowing for the transmission of power between the shafts. The direction of rotation can be changed by meshing gears with an odd or even number of teeth.
Spur gears offer several advantages, including simplicity, ease of manufacture, efficiency, and reliability. They are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including machinery, automotive systems, appliances, power tools, and more.
In conclusion, spur gears are cylindrical gears with straight teeth that mesh together to transfer rotational motion and torque between parallel shafts. Their simple and efficient design makes them a popular choice for various mechanical systems.
editor by CX 2023-10-12